In Person Career Action Group - Wednesday Evening
Registration is now closed (this event already took place).
What is a Career Action Group?
Career Action Groups are small job search groups of 8-10 job seekers who meet once a week to think, plan, and act strategically during their job search. Small groups are facilitated one of Columbia Business School's referred executive career coaches. Groups are for alumni who are ready to make real progress in executing their job search.
June 25, July 9, July 16, July 23, July 30, August 6
6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. EST (in person)
• You must be an alumnus of Columbia Business School
• Must be able to commit to attend all six sessions in order to optimize the experience for all involved.
• Must have career direction in a specific industry or function. (These groups are not ideal for those who are unsure of what they want to do or who are assessing a change)
How to apply?
Please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 18th.
• The session(s)* you would like to sign-up for (rank in order of preference)
• Your resume (this does not have to be perfect)
• A brief description of your job goals
*Spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis
The Value of a Job Search Group
Jobs search groups are not support groups. These small groups are designed for alumni who are fully engaged in their job search and will inject strategy, focus, and accountability during their career transition activities. Weekly group meetings will be followed by out-of-class assignments and action items. Committed participants will have a greater level of success. Compared to private coaching sessions at $150+/hr, job search groups provide the same high quality coaching, in a small group setting, with an opportunity to expand your network for a fraction of the cost.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Nicole Gehrmann at email@example.com.