New York: Discussion: The Premier Global Hub for Offshore Renminbi Business
Discussion: The Premier Global Hub for Offshore Renminbi Business
Presented by Columbia Business School Asian Alumni Club of New York
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Morrison & Foerster LLP, 250 West 55th St, New York, NY
Hong Kong is expanding its role as the premier offshore RMB business centre, which provides a comprehensive, one-stop platform for conducting a full range of RMB transactions, from trade settlement and financing to wealth management. This session discusses why the latest developments will enable American corporates and financial institutions to strengthen their trade and investment links with China and how this can be facilitated by the global RMB financial platform in Hong Kong.
- Kim Chong, Chief Representative, NY Office, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- Anthony Mak, Director, NY Office, Hong Kong Trade Development Council
- Caroline Owen, Regional Head of RMB Solutions for the Americas, Standard Chartered Bank
- Ko-Yung Tung, Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Moderator: a Columbia University Professor