Sarasota Columbia Club January Lunch with Dr. Stephanie Peabody
Come join fellow Columbia alumni for a luncheon at Cassariano UTC to hear Dr. Stephanie Peabody, PSYD, HSPP, Neuropsychologist.Dr. Peabody is the Founding Director of Brain Health Initiative (BHI). The BHI is a collaboration between the Academy for Brain Health and Performance and Massachusetts General Hospital, a Harvard Medical School Teaching Hospital. Stephanie has over 20 years of experience as a clinician and program designer, consistently working to improve outcomes in brain health, development, aging, and performance. All of her work is focused on creating and implementing programs for immediate application. In 2009, Dr. Peabody was awarded a visiting scholar appointment at Harvard University to extend her vision of promoting a holistic approach to optimizing brain health, performance, and overall well-being across the lifespan in order to have significant, large-scale impact at the community level. Dr. Peabody conceived the Brain Health Initiative and is responsible for oversight of its elements.
The Brain Health Initiative Longitudinal Study (brainhealthinitiative.org) is a multi-generational, community-based, epidemiological research study that will follow Gulf Coast residents, visitors, and workforce for decades in order to identify factors associated with brain health and performance across the lifespan.
The Brain Health Initiative Longitudinal Study aims to:
• Identify the factors that help and harm brain health, including: genes, lifestyle, and the environment.
• Understand how certain interventions promote brain health and reduce the risk of brain-related diseases.
• Target these interventions to key stages of life, when they will have significant and long-lasting impacts on brain health.
RSVP no later than Friday, January 10th by:
- PAYPAL for your event payment with this link: LUNCH PAYMENT
- Or, a check payable to “Columbia University Club of Sarasota” and mail to: Ms. Deborah Breslof, Treasurer, ‘86SIPA, ‘83BAR, firstname.lastname@example.org at 12228 Thornhill CT Lakewood Ranch FL 34202
Event/Program Questions? E-mail Program Chair, Mr. Steve Fasano, ‘10BUS, email@example.com
Cassariano, UTC Sarasota, 243 N. Cattleman Road Sarasota, FL 34243